Friday, March 13, 2009

Had a dream...I was born...to find a better high school...

If you've read this blog but not my other writings, you probably don't know how legendary my battle against a certain right-wing Catholic high school I once attended is.

I started high school at that campus and went there for 3 years. And suffice it to say, it was a terrible school.

For several years around the early 2000s (when I was about 30), I had a recurring dream in which I somehow escaped this school and started attending the area's public high school instead - and everything worked out in the end.

Dreams are interesting, and I think they're meant to be interpreted. In a way, I later went on to do what I felt this dream told me to do.

In real life, the Catholic school I attended was bound to be an automatic disaster, and I don't know why anyone actually thought it wouldn't be. I never attended the public high school in my county, but I guarantee you it would have sucked too - only not as badly. Instead of getting beaten up during each class, I would have probably only gotten beaten up between each class.

I've been told in recent years that I would have encountered few problems at the public school, because I'd have enough allies to defend me. I doubt that - but I'm sure it couldn't have been as bad as the Catholic school.

I'll never know, because I was never allowed to attend the public high school in my own district. I personally got in an argument with one of the school officials about this. The apparent reason for my exclusion was that I got kicked out of the middle school for cussing out a teacher who hit me.

Despite never attending the public high school, I feel much more of a part of its community than I do of the Catholic high school I attended for 3 years.

I still struggle daily with things that happened at school almost 25 years ago. I still have flashbacks and insomnia. But I thought I'd resolved the issue of contrasting the Catholic high school versus the public high school, which was the subject of the recurring dream.

Yesterday morning, however, I had this dream again. It was my final dream before waking up - which is supposed to be the night's defining dream. The dream was satisfying at first, but later in the day it got to be frightening.

What does it mean? I think the dream is related to the rise of Facebook - but I'm certainly not joining a Facebook group whose description seems to exclude me.

Dreams are fascinating. And the reemergence of this dream is going to be resolved sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment