Sunday, March 22, 2009

The return of the tea terrorists

Looks like the Westin is going to have another busy day.

I read the puff piece in the Cincinnati Enquirer today about the local organizer of the recent Tea Party farce. Although right-wing foundations hire people to organize and participate in these events all over the country, the local organizer reportedly spent $3,000 of his own money on the event.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that's true. But where does anyone around here get $3,000 to throw away on something like this? Must be nice to be rich.

(Of course, I haven't seen one word in the regular media about that other, "secret" rally on Thursday, but that was out of my reach anyway because of its time and location.)

Participants in last Sunday's Tea Party threatened and spit on news crews that were there.

The expenses by the Tea Party's local organizer and right-wing foundations turned out to be all for nothing. Phony populism such as theirs seems to be more of a laughingstock than ever locally, while my blog is as popular as before.

But they didn't learn. Most stupid people don't.

They're going to keep wasting money to make themselves look like fools.

On Wednesday, April 15, the BTPers are going to be back in Cincinnati. At 11:30 AM, they're launching a march from Fountain Square to City Hall, carrying petitions they signed.

Yes, April 15. Because that's tax day, you see. Get it? I guess since they support a 30% national sales tax, April 15 is the best day for their idiotic march.

You know, it's nice that they're writers like I am so their schedules are flexible enough that they can take time off on a weekday. It's really great that they want to work nights and weekends to make up for the time they took off.

What? You mean they're not writers? Conservative foundations are hiring them to come to town again? Oh.

I don't know if I'll be able to make it downtown to keep an eye on these sore losers again, but they've already threatened me for helping to expose their expensive tastes. I'll promise you this: If they lay one hand on me, they go straight to jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment