Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Economy protest moved to Beechmont

I've just received word that the Take Back the Economy rally that was supposed to occur downtown tomorrow has been utterly movimated.

I support this protest - yet it's hard to find much information about it.

Now it's been moved way out to 8070 Beechmont Avenue, where the local AIG office is.

That's much harder to get to, especially early in the morning - and especially in cold weather. I live in Kentucky, you know, where cars aren't for the poor. So now I won't be able to go. I've biked just as far on other roads, but this is Beechmont we're talking about, and it's going to be very early and very cold. And it's a very long trip. And my arthritis is very bad.

I could have still gone, except I didn't even have time to plan ahead.

I have no idea why the event was moved. If it turns out that it's because Cincinnati wouldn't let the protest happen downtown, that's cause for a lawsuit against the city right there - especially because the Tea Party mockery was allowed to go on with no restrictions.

In any event, the rally is out of reach - but it'll go on.

For information about events in your area, check this site:

http://takebacktheeconomy.org

No comments:

Post a Comment