Monday, March 30, 2009

"I don't get it"

You know you've really pushed conservatives' buttons when they're still sending you nasty e-mail 2 weeks after the fact.

I got another one on Saturday from one of the Cincinnati Tea Party cultists. Like some of the others, this one practically admitted that they stayed at the swanky Westin. It says:

"I don't get it? What's the problem with the Westin?"

Reminds me of Bert of 'Sesame Street' looking at the camera and saying, "I don't get it," when Ernie wins a segment.

The problem with the Westin? It's one of the most expensive hotels in Cincinnati. A rally can't very well pass itself off as a populist gathering when so many of its participants stay at the Westin. (As if the "Thank the rich" sign didn't already dash their claims to populism.)

If I traveled to another city for any reason, I wouldn't in a billion years expect to lodge at a Westin - even if my trip was mostly paid for by some think tank or party leaders (as the Tea Party farces are). If I got a Motel 6, I'd feel like I was being treated like a king.

The person who sent me this note isn't just from out of town. They're from Portugal, in fact. They came all the way from Portugal to make a fool of themselves on Fountain Square! Evidently, they spend most of their time making right-wing comments on YouTube videos - earning themselves much ridicule.

The conservative (bowel) movement ran the United States for 28 years consecutively, yet their brains haven't even evolved past the amebic stage yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment