Sunday, July 6, 2008

Time to go get 'em!

Why are we softpedaling this?

I just got this epiphany about the hated pseudoephedrine laws - the various state and federal permutations of the draconian new Rockefeller drug law against cold and allergy drugs.

I know what I implied the other day, and that was to be less concerned with the lawmakers who only voted for this affront to our natural liberty than with those who authored it outright. But now I've reached the point where I think we should really hold legislators' feet to the fire for their vote. I'm through fucking around, and we need to expose them. You be the judge as to whether their opponents are any better.

My anger was boiling a couple days ago when I last wrote about this, and I didn't quite know how to deal with it. I thought I was unindoctrinable, but I had grown so accustomed to this shit being supported by almost EVERY SINGLE LEGISLATOR that I was starting to think we just had to sit back and suffer all but the most arrogant supporters of the new laws.

But no more. This is where it ends. And since these are statutes passed by legislators, not just something suggested from a President's bully pulpit, there should be a clear record of who supported it.

And if you think I'm getting too worked up over this issue, we have to get off the slippery slope right now, because we're uncomfortably close to the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment