Friday, November 7, 2008

Teen attacked over Obama support

What? A high school student in suburban Cincinnati got attacked by right-wing schoolmates for supporting a presidential candidate?

Didn't this happen once before? Why yes, it did. I'm sure I told you about what happened to me in 1988, and not every county has matured much since then.

At northeast suburban Mason High School, a student is being harassed by fascists because of her support for Obama. However, this saga is different from what I suffered 20 years ago, because at least the principal at Mason posted a letter warning that such attacks will not be tolerated. At the high school I attended in 1988, the principal just encouraged more assaults and used the intercom to spread his own right-wing views.

(Source: http://www.kypost.com/content/wcposhared/story.aspx?content_id=fdb681f1-4000-4992-8b4c-1cdd0f0711f9)

No comments:

Post a Comment