Friday, August 1, 2008

Jury duty looms

Wow! Jury duty! I got called in for Campbell County jury duty!

It doesn't begin until September, but depending on whether I get wrapped up in a big, exciting trial, I might not have time to work on this blog as much as I'd like to. Just an advance warning!

This isn't an entirely new experience, because I got called in for jury duty once before. It was 13 years ago, just before the celebrated NKU trespassing arrest. (That arrest may yet disqualify me from my upcoming duty - even though I wasn't convicted, because I was innocent.) But I never actually served as a juror. I was about to be on the jury for a criminal trial, but they made a plea deal during the recess.

Since this is Campbell County, I expect the criminal docket to be mighty full, because Campbell County ain't known for too many things being legal. So I guess the county needs jurors. (Maybe this is why the length of jury service in Campbell County is 2 months instead of one month, which seems to be the default length of service elsewhere in Kentucky.)

And I'll make a few dollars too. I'm self-employed, so I guess I could just delay my usual jobs.

Aaaaah! Just think! Jury duty! Where else can a law expert like me find so much entertainment?

No comments:

Post a Comment