Monday, November 3, 2008

Arguing with Nazis again!

When you're a rip-roaring populist, your arguing days are never over.

In the past day I've been under assault by a small cadre of Nazis on the Internet who think rules shouldn't apply to them - and they're threatening to get my account yanked just for having a different opinion.

For weeks, one of them - we'll call 'em Lidflusher - has been posting right-wing, racist, off-topic spam. I asked the forum regulars where to report it, and they were helpful. Then, however, this venue was promptly invaded by Lidflusher's friends - possibly Lid under various sockpuppets, but I don't know for certain.

Nazis tried to have one of my accounts pulled years ago for "spam" because I posted on 2 forums where my posts were actually on-topic. So if what I did was so horrible, Lidflusher was clearly out of bounds.

Anyway, along comes one of Lid's pals. We'll call 'em Pottyslammer. Pottyslammer attacked me, and I responded in kind.

Meanwhile, Lidflusher called me a "spamming lib" - just for voicing my opinion about Lid's spam (even though I was posting in the same places as Lid). (See what I mean about how they think rules should apply to everyone except them?) Lid bragged about reporting me for "spamming" and said my sig file was "spam."

Lid said, "Take this spam crap elsewhere, asswipe."

My reply: "Make me."

You don't know how good that felt!

But Pottyslammer wasn't done yet! Somehow, Potty found out my main e-mail address and my ISP and posted those. I frankly don't give two shits. Potty posted a link to some clause in my ISP's terms of service which I thought was going to be some paper tiger about "vulgarity." But nope, it was a clause about spam and illegal activity. So I'm on even more solid ground - because I was trying to stop spam and broke no laws.

My ISP has no grounds or even any right to terminate me for anything I did. That would be no different from cutting off one's phone service for cussing out a Republican robocall.

Nonetheless, Potty called me a "tough guy douchebag" and demanded folks report me to my ISP.

I'm a tough guy alright. If the Democrats talked 15 years ago the way I talk now, they never would have lost Congress and damn sure wouldn't have lost the White House to Bush, of all people. I sure told the 'Net thought police what I thought about their bullshit.

It's easy to say that they act this way because they're losers, and this is all they have. Their party is about to lose an election despite putting up the most winnable candidate they possibly had.

But I remember them acting the same way in the early 2000s when the Republicans were at their electoral peak. There's a subtle difference though. Back then they reveled in kicking everyone else when they were down - like the bullies they are. Now they're just sore losers.

This time, they don't realize what they've gotten themselves into.

No comments:

Post a Comment