Monday, November 3, 2008

Congressman who started forest fire complains about ad

Henry Brown Jr. (no relation that I know of) is a right-wing congressman from South Carolina.

In 2004, the Republican legislator set a fire on his property that spread to a national forest and scorched 20 acres. He was fined thousands of dollars for his carelessness.

Brown remained unapologetic about his stupidity. He whined, "I was so taken aback that I'd be treated so impersonal - like I was some kind of crook. ... Those were criminal charges that were filed against me. I felt like I was the victim."

Sounds to me like the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHmbulance has just made another appearance!

Now - facing a tough challenge from Democrat Linda Ketner - Brown is demanding that Ketner pull an ad that criticizes him for the forest fire. Ketner also points to a U.S. Forest Service warning that told Brown not to burn anything on the day of the blaze.

But Henry Brown still won't admit he did anything wrong. How self-righteous can you get?

(Source: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h43nuQHfvmydFTIHikkPbjdET6DAD93R2KCG0)

1 comment:

  1. He should appear in some Smokey the Bear ads..."Only you can prevent forest fires, Henry."

    ReplyDelete