Thursday, November 18, 2010

Irony of the decade: Mad Dog Bush gets Presidential Medal of Freedom

No, I'm not making this up.

The elder Bush will receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom - America's highest civilian honor - at a ceremony early next year.

What?

The Bush regime locked me up without a trial for 4 months when I was 17 because of my political views, and he gets a freedom medal?

I guess expecting not to be imprisoned without due process isn't "freedomy freedom." In Mad Dog's world, "freedom" meant allowing workers to be underpaid, and supporting foreign dictatorships.

Hey, if America is going to normalize fascism, why not go all out? Why doesn't Congress just repaint the Liberty Bell to look like that teacup that's on all the local Tea Party signs? (I'm talking about the signs displayed by all 3 Tea Party followers in Cincinnati.)

I take it very seriously when people who violated my rights are given awards for freedom. We're supposed to be at war against the extreme right - not encouraging them.

No comments:

Post a Comment