Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Important: we're headin' into the homestretch!

As Casey Kasem might say: We're headin' into the homestretch! The election is today, people.

In all honesty, I can't wait for the election to be over, simply because the Republicans have become so over-the-top idiotic that it strains belief that nobody has issued the knockout punch that the GOP so richly deserves. This shit gets old.

There's still a few questions as to exactly how the long-soiled Republican brand will fare today. But based on raw logic instead of polls, the fact that the GOP has so many weird candidates this time should keep the party at bay. I'm skeptical of pollsters' likely voter screens because they're hired by media outlets that have a narrative to tell. The fact that most pollsters won't release any details of what they think a likely voter is tells me a lot - A LOT - about what may go down today, and I don't think it's looking grand for Republicans.

The fact that a Newsweek poll shows Democrats with a 10% lead in House races nationally among folks who've already voted tells me more than I need to know on that front. I truly believe that other pollsters are in cahoots with a media that is purchased and paid for by corporations who (following Citizens United) no longer have to disclose campaign expenditures and are paying the media for positive coverage for Republicans. There's just no other explanation.

Plus, everybody I know - and I mean everybody - says they're voting Democratic. The Republicans haven't gained any new support since the last midterm. So I stand by my prediction: 56-44 and 233-202.

If the GOP wins back Congress, that means the election is rigged. Period. End of story. The Republicans have a history of election fraud.

But if they knew what I know, I don't think they'd want to push their luck this time. If you think I'm bluffing, ask Pathway Family Center what I did to them.

The $64,000,000,000,000 question that I know you've had lately is: What's the future of this blog if the Evil Empire raises the price of poker? Simply put, they don't get to decide what the law here is, and I actually have a very good track record at stating my case. When put up against them, I am the law, as far as I'm concerned.

But in the 17 years since I started The Last Word, I've learned that if I want something done, I have to do it myself. Talk doesn't cut it. You have to take action. I think there's going to be a bit of litigation coming up, depending on what happens today.

Society must be built on the consent of the governed. The right to govern is held only by representatives of the people. This right is naturally ordained. Those who would impose their own doctrinaire funhouse mirror view of the law are fighting nature and fighting the public. It is the duty of all of us to hold the Evil Empire accountable.

4 comments:

  1. My prediction for IL:

    I think Alexi goes to Senate, Quinn wins Gov. I think Johnson wins U.S. Rep. (but for the life of me I don't know why he's so popular).

    ReplyDelete
  2. For what it's worth, my predictions in recent years have usually been more Republican than the actual results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If the GOP wins back Congress, that means the election is rigged. Period. End of story. The Republicans have a history of election fraud.

    "That's your pre-emptive defense. " Yet now that a Democrat has won an important election, the meme put out by the media talking heads is "THEY CHEATED!!!!!""

    That sounds a lot like you right now.


    Can't you see the hypocrosy? You claim we always whine about voter fraud, and then you whine that we cheat whenever we win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not a preemptive defense. It's called facts.

    ReplyDelete