Tuesday, May 26, 2009

County wants to keep custody of boy even after parents follow order

This is a follow-up to the previous entry, and it shows just how irrational family services in Brown County, Minnesota, are being.

The parents of the 13-year-old cancer patient there have agreed to allow him to undergo more chemo instead of using alternative medicine. In doing so, they are complying with the court's order.

Despite this, the county wants to keep custody of the boy.

For crying out loud, why???

The parents followed the court order, so what grounds does the county have?

For a while, I thought there might have been a chance that the county's family services were merely misguided and not actually trying to do harm. The latest development has sharply reduced the likelihood of that.

After some of the stuff I've seen from youth protective agencies in my area, I truly believe we have to question whether family services ever had the boy's best interests in mind. Then again, I could be biased, after I discovered that agencies in my region like to call teenagers liars right to their faces.

(Source: http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=10425392)

No comments:

Post a Comment