Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Muncie school board votes against...well, guess


When school board members in Muncie, Indiana, proposed uniforms, I was afraid that was almost a shoo-in to be approved.

That's because nearby Anderson not only started requiring uniforms, but parents who objected were also ordered to pay the school board's legal fees in the resulting lawsuit. So I was afraid the Muncie school board might be emboldened by that.

Uproariously, however, it was not to be!

Muncie has now rejected uniforms, following objections by parents and students.

As an added sting against the thought guardians, the crowd at the school board meeting broke into applause when uniforms were rejected!

Life doesn't get much greater than that!

One thing is for damn sure: If I had kids in a public school who were required to wear uniforms, I'd tell my kids to just ignore this stupid policy. If the school wants to fight me, let the school get sued.

(Source: http://www.thestarpress.com/article/20090526/NEWS06/90526044/1002/NEWS01/School+uniforms+voted+down+3-2)

1 comment: