Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I bet I can find 100,000 people who think Facebook has too many Bush groups

For a politician who has been retired for months and who was an idiot to begin with, Bush sure does have a lot of Facebook cults following him.

Hell, Bush probably has more Facebook groups supporting him than individual supporters! I think I can count on my fingers the number of people I've met who admit voting for him - but maybe that's because I've learned the hard way to keep my distance from the type of places his followers inhabit.

I just stumbled upon the Facebook page of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of mine. I notice that this peep happens to be a member of 4 - count 'em, 4 - pro-Bush groups that have almost the exact same name:

• "Thank you George W. Bush"
• "Thank You George Bush!!!"
• "Thank You, President George W. Bush"
• "Thank you President George W. Bush"

This isn't Facebook's fault, as any clod can start a group - and they do.

The hilarious thing about this is that the party of background noise is marginalizing itself even more by turning its attention inward to Facebook groups that nobody else reads. All they do there is shout discredited talking points at themselves.

So I'm not going to waste any more time on them - other than to point out how truly irrelevant they are, thereby discouraging other political leaders from caving to them.

1 comment:

  1. Let me guess: These Fashboot groups were started by paid RNC operatives.

    ReplyDelete