Sunday, May 17, 2009

Another package stolen

This is the second time within the past few months that an important package I've ordered off Amazon has been stolen from the porch.

For this package, I signed up for the postal service to e-mail me when it was delivered. Yesterday evening, I got an e-mail claiming it was delivered at 9:44 AM yesterday. However, the postal service didn't send out this notice until 5 PM - giving thieves over 7 hours to steal the item.

I notified Amazon. Amazon sent me a reply saying that "this is not a typical Amazon.com experience." Unfortunately, it is. Of the last 2 or 3 items I've ordered from them, 2 of them have been stolen after being delivered.

Amazon also informed me that the package was actually delivered last Monday - not yesterday morning. In other words, the postal service took 5 days to tell me it was delivered.

I am unable to notify the postal service. I looked all over the postal service's website for the form to report stolen mail, and couldn't find it - anywhere. Not that this matters, because the postal service didn't do anything about the thefts all the other times I complained.

The postal service does not take mail theft seriously. At all.

But I do.

If I catch ANYONE trying to steal a package that I have delivered here, their spinal column is going to be snapped in half over the porch railing. I work too damn hard for some spoiled baby to steal what I work for.

No comments:

Post a Comment