Sunday, May 31, 2009

Brewed with one-third real shampoo...but don't wash your hair with it!

Since this is a weekend, I thought you might be in a nostalgic mood again!

For years, I've been adamant that there was once a TV commercial that advertised "beer shampoo" - shampoo that included beer as an ingredient. I've always told people that the actress in the ad said, "But don't drink it!"

But everyone has always accused me of just making the whole thing up, since it seemed so farfetched.

Well, guess what?

As with the Flavor Fiend and Nature Valley ads, YouTube has once again rescued my believability:



I'm assuming the shampoo advertised in that 1978 commersh is no longer being made, so I have no objection to embedding the ad here. (Again, Facebookers are going to have to find it themselves because Facebook won't fix its bugs.)

Ever since I saw that "beer shampoo" ad when I was 5, I thought the height of comic genius would be if they made a "shampoo beer."

"Brewed with one-third real shampoo."

"Wow."

"But don't wash your hair with it!"

Except it probably wouldn't taste too good.

2 comments:

  1. It wouldn't taste any worse than the swill they sell as "domestic" beer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for the girl in the ad, I'd definitely "tap" it, if she looked like she did in 1978.

    ReplyDelete