Sunday, May 24, 2009

Local cops make another bogus arrest

This time, I wasn't the arrestee, nor was I a witness. I don't even know who was arrested or who the arresting officer is, because I wasn't there.

Yes, I may be the Mayor of Simpleton, but I know one thing, and that's that the arrest was bogus.

And one other thing is for sure: The arrest needs to be investigated. Now.

I've just been informed that the Highland Heights/Southgate police in northern Kentucky arrested a person at Newport on the Levee for third-degree trespassing.

Why is this arrest a sham? Because third-degree trespassing is not an arrestable offense under Kentucky law. You can get a citation - but it's illegal for police to arrest you for it.

Didn't authorities learn shit from the NKU case?

Even if the arrestee at Newport on the Levee is guilty, they cannot be arrested, because it was such a minor offense. They can only be ticketed.

And I can't help but have doubts about their guilt. I've also been told that police in northern Kentucky assume mall customers are trespassing if they have less than $10 in their possession. This assumption is also bogus.

What if the item they went to the mall to buy costs less than $10? Ever think of that?

Again, I wasn't there. For all I know, the arrestee at Newport on the Levee may be guilty of serious crimes they weren't even cited for. From my experience, however, one has to question what went on.

I also know Highland Heights has had its own violent crime problems. Why is that city's police being sent into Newport instead of being allowed to deal with Highland Heights issues? Sounds like a waste of valuable police resources to me.

The worst part of this story though is that the law wasn't even being followed by authorities - even after I exposed the phony trespassing arrest at NKU!

If anyone can find any proof that third-degree trespassing is arrestable under Kentucky law, I challenge them to comment here in a diplomatic, mature fashion. Otherwise, they should admit the arrest was illegal.

1 comment:

  1. What if you went to the mall with less than $10 cash but with a debit/credit card? Or what if you go to the mall to check the prices of items that you plan on buying later?

    Sounds like northern Kentucky is a fascist police state.

    ReplyDelete