Tuesday, January 26, 2010

State of the Union: don't get your hopes up

President Obama's first State of the Union address looms tomorrow at 9 PM EST.

In the years I've run this blog, I've been repeatedly sent stories of Democratic blundering and asked why I don't cover it as much as I cover the Republicans' ineptitude. Well, I'm a Green, so I can assure you I didn't write Obama's speech. So if it turns out to be a dud, I'm not responsible for it.

It's not my party, so it's not my problem.

And I'm warning you right now not to get your hopes up for the State of the Union. The Democrats are the party that gave us Bill Clinton's insufferable State of the Union speech titled "The Era Of Big Government Is Over", which was essentially a rant supporting school uniforms.

Like the Republicans (who are still worse), this indicated the Democrats had begun supporting smaller government only for Big Business - while trampling individual rights more and more.

This is the current state of the so-called two-party system.

I better not hear one word blaming me if tomorrow's speech is the stinker that we should have all steeled ourselves for by now.

4 comments:

  1. Editor's note: Bandit voted for Democrat Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Editor's note: Nobody gives a shit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wild Bill (Bandit's next-door neighbor 1997-2002)January 26, 2010 at 11:08 PM

    If you voted for this guy and his speech is a stinker, I sure as hell am going to blame you, Bandit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not my fault we don't have instant runoff voting.

    ReplyDelete