Friday, January 15, 2010

Tim Brown for...?

I've been doing some serious consideration lately - especially with the growing right-wing extremism of the Democrats as well as the Republicans.

I am once again seriously considering seeking elected office - possibly this year, if the filing deadline hasn't passed.

I was going to run for the U.S. House as an independent in 1998 - but I ended this campaign early. Why are things different now? It's because the Internet has grown up. Back in 1998, I was the victim of an Internet carpet-bombing campaign. Today, the Internet is much more balanced.

(Of course, most of those who would have voted for me ended up voting for the Democrat, which was the deciding factor in that race.)

This time, as a registered Green, I'd plan on running under the Green label. For what office, I don't know. Here's a deal: If the Kentucky or national Green Party wants to reimburse me for all my expenses, shuttle me to the filing office, and help collect my signatures, I'll run for whatever office they want. But they'd have to be willing to put their money where their mouth is.

Fair enough?

Also, numerous statewide offices in Kentucky are up in 2011. So the same deal will apply to most of these offices.

Considering the quality of the Democrats lately, I'm not worried about being a spoiler. They've been just asking for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment