Monday, September 21, 2009

Allowed Cloud violation revealed!

Hey!

Remember a few days ago when I invited you to spot the Allowed Cloud I violated on Friday morn? The violation was evidenced by an otherwise innocuous nighttime photo of the skyline of Cincinnati.

Welp, now it's time to reveal the solution to this hilarious sleuthing game.

Several people have nailed the answer in chat rooms or in e-mails to me. But nobody responded on the comment section of this blog.

Can you guess it? I would have guessed it right off the bat!

Many locals should be able to figure out where the photo is taken from - if they look at the picture at full size and notice the building in the foreground. This photo is from one of the better overlooks in the area: Devou Park in neighboring Covington, Kentucky.

But most photos you see from this point are daytime shots. This is a nighttime shot.

Why is that significant? Because (drum roll, please) Devou Park closes at dusk.

Now that's what I call an Allowed Cloud!

And I defied it in plain sight!

As a Kentucky taxpayer, there's no reason why I shouldn't be allowed to use a large public park at any time of day. I paid for it, I can use it - as long as I leave it in the same condition I found it. Fair is fair.

All I did was visit the park after dark with a group of friends, look out over Cincinnati, and take a picture of it. Is it a crime to photograph cityscapes?

If I didn't violate prohibitions against using public spaces after dark, the tyranny would just get worse. If people don't challenge the control freaks, the command state only expands.

This challenge against the Allowed Cloud state is especially stinging to the thought guardians, as Devou Park is where I was chased away by police for disagreeing with a Bush rally in 2000. The cops were about to arrest me then, but I took off on foot. This past Friday, I felt as if I was reclaiming Devou Park from the Bush cult.

No comments:

Post a Comment