Friday, September 18, 2009

Ploptoberfest looms

After staying out until 4:30 AM last night, I should spend the weekend working on this blog.

But nope!

This is Ploptoberfest weekend!

Ploptoberfest is my name for Cincinnati's Oktoberfest. I call it that because people always throw stuff in the toilet bowls. I believe it was last year that I saw a maintenance crew fish a pair of jeans out of the bowl. In other years, the bowls were clogged with beer bottles and ripped-up religious tracts.

It lasts almost all day tomorrow and Sunday.

Tomorrow we're supposed to have good weather, but Sunday is supposed to kick off another week full of RAIN. Lots of it. (In September, of all things!)

I'll try to catch both days, assuming Sunday isn't a washout like Fourth of July the past 2 years was.

Hopefully I won't get in any fights like in 2004. Nowadays, if some asshole tries to fight me, they get clocked in the teeth. End of story.

I may report on this blog how Ploptoberfest goes, if anything interesting or politically significant occurs. But I don't know if I'll be able to until Sunday or Monday.

See ya in the 'Nati!

No comments:

Post a Comment