Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Week 6 of POOP

Here's a secret: Google no longer even reads its own help forum.

This is abundantly clear. It's full of complaints about the same malfunctions going back months, even years. These messages never generate any responses - except by other users reporting the same things.

So why would Google respond to me when I tell them that their message removal service is broken (which prevents me from deleting my own posts that I never gave Google permission to use in the first place)? Still, that's no excuse for Google's failure to read its help forum.

The fact that Google doesn't read it has now become clearer. Last week, I posted a message saying that if they didn't respond to my complaint by September 21, I would have no choice but to contact an attorney.

Welp, September 21 has now passed, and still no reply at all (as Genesis would say). Which means they didn't even see the lawsuit warning that was posted in plain sight.

I've already begun the process of finding an attorney. I'm not even the only person who has complained about Google not removing posts that they didn't have permission to use. I'd be surprised if I was the first to initiate legal action.

1 comment:

  1. Google wouldn't be able to get away with this in IL. They are incorporated in CA, so I don't know how they can do it there.

    ReplyDelete