Friday, November 4, 2016

Nuisance business has received only 3 calls from me so far

I told you that if the noise from the construction trucks squealing their brakes continued, I'd call up the company's office in Ohio and imitate the noise of their brakes. You didn't believe me, did you?

The good news is that it may be working, since I've only had to call them 3 times in 4 days. Then again, they may have squoken their brakes more than thrice, but it's just that I didn't notice, because I was either wearing headphones while working at home, getting cavities filled, buying groceries, or visiting a friend. On 2 of these calls, I got a live person on the other end. On the other, I got a voicemail and left a message full of squeakage.

What's going to happen to me because of this? It's a death-defying life I lead, I'll take my chances. I don't expect to be arrested or charged for "harassment." I'm sure police and prosecutors know that all I need to do as a defense is point out how this company has been harassing the neighborhood by speeding, running red lights, and squeaking their brakes. So bust goes that bubble.

I was forced to tolerate phone harassment from schoolmates for 25 years. My complaints to Cincinnati Bell, the police, and the county went unheeded. I know much of it was an inside job involving the phone company, and I know the reason the harassers evaded criminal charges was because they came from rich families who had clout with authorities. Think how foolish the police would look if they arrested me because of my calls to this construction firm, after nothing was done about the real harassment I suffered for 25 years.

I also find it interesting how Fairfield Avenue used to be dotted with "NO LOUD MUSIC" signs, but those came down right when this construction project started. More special rights for the Evil Empire.

No comments:

Post a Comment