Friday, November 11, 2016

When the squeaky wheel got the grease...literally!

Remember a week ago when I was talking about the construction trucks barreling through the neighborhood and squeaking their brakes, and how I made phone calls to the construction company in which I made squeaking noises?

The phone calls worked. I haven't heard the brakes squealing in a week.

Maybe it'll start back up again, like what happened after the city sent them a Strongly Worded Letter. Also, I haven't been busted for "harassing" phone calls. If I get in trouble now, I know who'll be behind it. Here's a hint: It's not Jill Stein.

The saying goes, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." It means that those who protest the strongest have their grievances dealt with. Once again, the saying holds true. This ought to knock the wind out of the sails of anyone who says I should just hold my tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment