Monday, February 8, 2010

More memories of the great high school expulsion

After posting about songs that bring back memories of getting kicked out of high school, I just thought of another amusing item from the exact same era.

And I hadn't thought about it in years and years!

It was a radio ad for the Kentucky Derby Festival - probably placed by some sponsor.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? It featured a guy singing, "Kentuckeee Derbeee Festival," in a voice that sounded like one of the singers in the song played in the Enchanted Voyage at Kings Island before the Smurfs took it over.

If I ever find a copy of this radio ad, I will just be absolutely floored! So it's on my list of clips that I'll occasionally search for but probably have no hope of ever finding.

No comments:

Post a Comment