Wednesday, February 24, 2010

'Sesame Street' teaches hard work! ('Sesame Street' Wednesday)

The Tea Party whack-a-doodles can learn a thing or three from 'Sesame Street'.

And not just the alphabet - although that might keep them from misspelling the idiotic slogans on their signs.

The ol' Ses also teaches the value of hard work and cooperation!

Take this sketch from the '70s, for instance. Whenever I heard that stirring chirping of birds at the start of this live action film, I knew I was in for a lesson in the value of teamwork, as a group of people transformed tree trunks into a log cabin:



(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAb4ExIz1f8)

This segment might actually be on one of the 'Sesame Street' DVD collections, but it's so important that I need to regale you with it here.

On the other hand, I don't know if the Tea Party totalitarians and their CEO friends who live off bailout money aren't too far gone to benefit from seeing that segment. I guess it's all society's fault for not coddling them enough in middle school, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment