Monday, March 24, 2008

Give a hoot! Tear your rotator cuff!

I don't know if I'll be able to post as many entries here over the next few days, because (in addition to each day being a slow news day lately) last night I tore my right rotator cuff. When I was going to bed, the mattress slid off the bed frame, and I broke my fall with my arm.

So read my lips: No right rotator cuff!

It's just been hurting more as the day has gone on, with no respite in sight. ('Respite' is a funny word, isn't it? That's because I used to think it was pronounced "ree-spite", but actually it's "ress-pit." Ain't language arts fun?) It's as swollen as can be. It burns me up inside. I can barely move my arm now.

This is especially vexing because the Easter Bunny finally brang me the gumption to get to work on moving my computer and stereo around, a project that's loomed for over a year. And now I can't do it because of my rotator cuff. But I guess that's just how the poo-poo plops.

1 comment: