Saturday, March 1, 2008

Rezko's GOP ties ignored

The stronger of a challenge the Republicans receive, the more the source of the challenge is blasted by the media machine. I'm on guard for bogus stories about Barack Obama because I saw what the right-wing media did to Michael Dukakis. Dukakis enjoyed almost a 20-point lead over Mad Dog Bush in surveys through the summer of '88, but look what happened.

So I've learned to detect bullshit when I see it. ABC just put out a hit piece against Obama, trying to link him through Tony Rezko to what ABC calls a "cesspool" of bad government. (Except for the first piece I read, I've ignored articles about the Obama/Rezko links until now, because I have no appetite for hit pieces disguised as serious reports and because I quickly figured out there was nothing to see.) Obama's association with Rezko was so minor that it doesn't even come anywhere near the Whitewater nonscandal - which itself was nothing. As a matter of fact, Obama hasn't been linked to any criminal wrongdoing.

I can see now the "cesspool" that Rezko's involved in: It turns out he's had at least some dealings with a whole Who's Who of public officials, Democrats and Republicans alike. Rezko's relationship with most of these officials seems to be fleeting as well - but not always. It's also turned out that Rezko co-chaired a multimillion-dollar fundraiser for George W.'s 2004 campaign.

Why is that covered up? Why aren't the Republicans undergoing the same amount of scrutiny that Obama has?

There's also no question that the timing of Rezko's trial is political.

I'm not saying this out of partisanship. (If I was that partisan, I'd hype every negative story about Democrats and Republicans to help the Greens.) I'm saying it because it's a fact: If you're looking for anything shady between Barack Obama and Tony Rezko, there's nothing there. Nothing. Zero. Just insinuation by ABC and the rest of the right-wing noise machine.

The right-wing bias of the pop-up media is so extreme that I think it's time for Congress to hold hearings about it and make some talking heads answer a few questions.

If you believe media hit pieces, you're believing those in the media who have helped up prop up the brutal, oppressive regime that Bush has led.

No comments:

Post a Comment