Sunday, March 9, 2008

I'm gonna be a gloatgoat!

I almost never publish sports stuff here, but this time I'm going to. And I'm gonna be a gloatgoat about it, because it's sorely needed.

I root against all the local college sports teams. I truly do. That includes any team within about 100 miles of here. That's because I got so sick of hearing about the teams years ago. Usually I take the outcome of the games like an adult, but this time I'm going to be as much of a sore winner as I can, because the Bearcats were being so babyish by refusing to play in an indoor arena when it was snowing outside (causing the game to be delayed and making Channel 19 preempt much of the network's most popular show).

When I tuned in to WXIX in a vain attempt to watch 'The Simpsons', UC was losing by a hilarious score of 91 to 44. I shut it off without digesting the final score, but I've just been told that they ended up losing by 45 points! Reportedly, this was the team's worst loss in almost 100 years!

I think it serves Channel 19 and the big babies right!

The Bearcats need to be renamed the Big Babies for letting weather cancel an indoor game.

No comments:

Post a Comment