Monday, March 10, 2008

I pulled one over on the Far Right!

This is the story of one man's struggle.

It's about one man's effort to watch a new 'Simpsons' episode in a market where the local TV station denied him this privilege by running a boring basketball game over it (after the game had been postponed by weather, even though it was an indoor game).

It's about I.

To make a long story short, I eventually got to watch yesterday's preempted 'Simpsons' episode in full. Don't ask me how I did it. With a little gumption, I was able to procure a chance to view it.

Admittedly, there's more serious things going on in this world than a guy not being allowed to catch a fresh 'Simps'. But it was the only injustice I was able to quickly rectify this morning. (Bush can rectify many of the others, but he opts not to.)

I'm not going to tell you how I got to watch it, but if the Cincinnati affiliate doesn't like it, that's too bad. It was the only way I'd get to see it at all, so fair is fair. If Channel 19 wants to sue me for not watching it on their station despite living in their "territory", it's their fault for running the game over it. And if Fox wants to sue me for not viewing it via the "right" affiliate, maybe their contract with Channel 19 should have stipulated that they couldn't run over the network's most popular show with basketball games nobody watches.

I watched it the way I did because it was the only way I could. If the network objects to my action, it's primarily the fault of Channel 19, so blame them.

No comments:

Post a Comment