Monday, April 14, 2008

Dracula Davis says something stupid; everyone acts surprised

Geoff "Dracula" Davis, a right-wing Republican, is my so-called congressman. Yes, I know: He's never won Bellevue and I don't know anyone who voted for him, but he's the congressclod for northern Kentucky. (How's that for the outer suburbs deciding an election?) Probably not for much longer, but right now we're stuck with him.

And he's a total, complete, utter idiot.

Davis secured the child molester vote when he sponsored a bill to require schools to allow warrantless and random strip searches of large groups of students in order to receive federal funds. Like Jean Schmidt, Drac also made incendiary remarks about John Murtha because Murtha wanted to withdraw troops from Iraq. Davis claimed Murtha (a Vietnam vet) "cooperated with our enemies."

This is why nobody should be surprised when Geoff Davis says or does something incredibly fucking stupid. He does it with striking regularity.

Like the other day when Davis was at an elite GOP dinner. Because I'm just some bitter small-town fella, I'm sure I wouldn't have been welcome at this shindig, but that's not the point. Anyway, Drac got to talking about how he participated in some "highly classified national security simulation" with Barack Obama.

Blurting out classified information now, Geoff?

The Count declared, "That boy's finger does not need to be on the button." Davis spouted off about how Obama "could not make a decision in that simulation that related to a nuclear threat to this country."

"That boy"???

Everyone is acting surprised, but look, folks, it's Geoff Davis. He says stupid stuff a lot. He's run for office for 6 years here, and I've heard all of his inane blatherings. I truly believe Dracula's choice of words was designed to be derogatory. This was a Republican gathering, so he knew it would be well-received there. Davis's apologists keep saying his choice of words is common in northern Kentucky to refer to any man - but I know that's not true, because I've lived in the area for 35 years.

And would you feel any better if a guy like John McCain who has anger management issues has his finger on the button? I wouldn't trust McCain around my record collection, so could you trust him in the White House?

And if Geoff Davis can't keep his mouth shut about classified information, I wouldn't even trust him in Congress.

(Source: http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0408/Secrecy_and_propriety_in_Kentucky.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment