Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Singer Paul Davis dies

Remember this song? "I go crazy...When I look in your eyes I still go crazy..."

That was Paul Davis, a popular singer and songwriter in the '70s and '80s back when I was growing up. Davis died of a heart attack yesterday at the age of 60.

I remember on my college radio station playing "'65 Love Affair" and how I told an inside joke along with it that only my high school pals who listened to my show would have gotten. So Davis really was influential to my work and my unique, twisted sense of humor, like so many other popular singers of the time.

The music world has lost a lot of big names lately: Paul Davis, Jeff Healey, John Stewart. I almost feel like writing a Big Boy article for all their song titles, but I'm already a busy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment