Friday, March 19, 2010

Crybabies block traffic

You don't need to tell me that there's a real problem out there with people thinking somebody owes them. I saw this phenomenon in action on Wednesday when a Lexus SUV driver got angry because I wouldn't disobey a traffic light so she could pull into a public parking space that she thought was reserved for her.

Earlier this week, folks in Tucson, Arizona, saw the same dynamic at work.

Opponents of health care reform repeatedly drove around U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords's office, honking their horns. This display blocked traffic for commuters and others.

Believe me, if I lived in Tucson, I'd be damned if I'd let these sore losers block me. It would end very, very badly for them.

One is reminded of the violent tactics displayed by GOP activists in Miami during the 2000 Florida recount.

At an antiwar rally in Los Angeles several years ago, police arrested motorists who honked in support of the rally. These motorists weren't even driving around and around the block and disrupting traffic. But I guess there's a different set of rules for the Tea Party cultists.

(Source: http://azstarnet.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/elections/article_82d0069a-3131-11df-a3d0-001cc4c03286.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment