Monday, March 22, 2010

Reelin' in the drug companies?

Despite insurmountable flaws in the new health care law, it imposes some much-needed regulation on big insurance companies. But what about big drug makers?

Does it finally let Americans import less costly prescription drugs from Canada? (No.) Does it do anything about drug companies' uncontrolled price-gouging? (No.)

Does it make medicines any safer? I was injured permanently by a series of prescription drugs that I should have never been prescribed, and I'm not too pleased at the drug companies. I place no trust in them whatsoever.

Does it force drug makers to stop lying about their products' side effects? What does the bill specifically do for folks who have already been harmed?

I'd like to see the federal government or the states make drug makers pay a huge settlement over the damage they've done - much like what Big Tobacco had to do (and deservedly so).

No comments:

Post a Comment