Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pollster gets it wrong, throws fit

The media (who else?) is trumpeting polls by a firm called Penn, Schoen & Berland (PSB) that show several Democratic congressional candidates (including incumbents) losing - despite the fact that other polls (which the media ignores) show them winning.

I immediately got suspicious of these polls, so I did a little research about PSB.

Turns out that they did polls in the recall election of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez that showed Chavez losing by 20% - when in fact, Chavez survived the recall effort by 20%. What did PSB say about its poll being so hilariously wrong? PSB's Doug Schoen said of Chavez's win, "I think it was a massive fraud."

Aw, did the poor widdle PSB lose?

Grow up, Doug. Not every election that fails to go your way is fraudulent, you know.

In the meantime, the election in the good ol' U.S. and A. is less than 4 weeks away, so keep a sharp, sharp eye on the Evil Empire. There's no enthusiasm gap in my household, and - depending on the results - I can make things very, very hard on the other side. In the unlikely event that the elections turn out like 1994, the boom is going to be lowered very quickly this time.

I don't answer to the Republicans. I answer to a higher power.

No comments:

Post a Comment