Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tune in next time when Crank says...

Why is Crank from 'The Electric Company' discussing K-Y Jelly - on a children's show, no less?

Because he didn't. That's all just a figment of a dream!

Crank was a bloke who always wore suspenders and a wide necktie and had a voice that sounded exactly like Peter Griffin of 'Family Guy'. He was cool.

I've had weird dreams for years. Occasionally I use this blog to attempt to interpret them - especially in a political context.

One of the recurring themes of my dreams is escaping my first high school to attend a better school. The interpretation is obvious: It shows that this is what I should have done, and that doing so lurked just below my conscience. Dreams often put together clues that exist in our waking hours.

Just before I woke up yesterday morning, I had a dream that an 'Electric Company' sketch was devoted to Crank talking about K-Y Jelly.

"Listen, people, I want to tell you about something," Crank began in his usual gruff voice. Most of the rest of his lecture cannot be recalled, but he did mention that K-Y is the only jelly that isn't good on toast - then burst out in maniacal laughter.

I also cannot recall whether Crank was hit by the usual barrage of pies.

What does this dream mean? Is it political? I can't possibly think of any meaning to Crank's K-Y segment.

It's as meaningless as the 'Celebrity Daredevils' dream in which John Madden hosted a TV special in which he said "Boom!" when Glenn Frey got killed driving a motorcycle off a diving board that was 200 feet in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment