Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday...happens on March 8 (in 1988, that is)

Almost anything to do with 1988 brings back foul memories for me. (Except that "Button Off My Shirt" song. Man, that was cool!) My sophomore year was the worst year of school, period.

This was also the year they had a Southern-based Super Tuesday. The whole point of this was for the DLC to get an acceptable standard-bearer - which failed miserably.

Every time Super Tuesday rolls around, I think of a song from the '88 event. I remember hearing it on Q-102 once while waiting in the office at an appointment. It was a parody of the Stevie Wonder classic "Superstition." It went:

Super Tuesday
Happens on March 8
The only thing more boring
Is when the candidates debate

But who says it's boring? I thought Huckabee was pretty much out of the running, but he just won the GOP contest in West Virginia, so maybe the wingnut party has a 3-person contest again. (They have a closed caucus there instead of a real primary, but it counts all the same.)

No comments:

Post a Comment